The challenge at Sweet Stampin’ is unusual hair colour. The Double “D” Challenge fit quite well with that – it required using green. And of course Allsorts Challenge and their focus on women was also a good choice to tie in.
I started by searching for a digital stamp to use for my picture. I knew I didn’t have any suitable stamps in my stash, and I’m trying to avoid buying any more stamps this month. (I am going to be buying new adhesive for my roller though, because I’m almost out!)
After a bit of a hunt around I found this which seemed perfect. It’s so pretty! I coloured it in digitally, as I did on the previous occasion that I used a digistamp. Initially I kept the green to her hair, giving her an outfit of yellow and blue, and a dark grey umbrella. However when I printed it out the picture seemed far too dark.
I went back and recoloured it completely. I lightened her skin colour, and decided to go all out with the shades of green to colour her dress and the umbrella. The changes worked and the picture looked much better on the second printing.
I decided to continue with the focus on green, and picked green tones for the papers I used in the card. The background is a pattern I’ve used before, with greenish bubbles. For the circle I used pearlised green card. I ran my black ink pad around the edge to make it stand out a bit more because otherwise it became lost among the bubbles of the background paper.
I struggled to decide what to put for the strip in the layout. I didn’t have any paper that seemed like it would work. In the end I settled on the ribbon you can see, which being almost clear is nice and subtle. It gives the card a nice shimmer.
When I’d finished the card and got a good look at it I was surprised how much I like it. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Of course it could be improved with better colouring on the image – I didn’t bother with shading as I knew it would take me a while to colour it even without.