I have a relatively quick card for you this evening. I put it together a bit last minute because I’d forgotten I needed to make it today… Whoops. Actually I was meant to be doing a second one too, but it’s nearly midnight now so I don’t think that will be happening. The clocks changing has really thrown me off!
I started by looking through my snippets of paper for something to use for the squares, as I knew I didn’t have enough stamps to manage the squares just by stamping. I found the striped paper first and decided to use that for the top and bottom square. I then found the yellow and pink heart patterned paper to use for the third square.
After cutting my squares (I don’t have a punch or die cutter) I realised that the angle I’d cut them at wasn’t great. I wanted the lines on the top and bottom squares to line up with the card, which meant the squares themselves ended up being at a slight angle. I don’t think it’s super obvious, but I can tell and it’s annoying…
Anyway, then I stamped the ice-cream onto some thick white paper. I used a yellow-brown for the cone, and then my Distress Ink’s Seedless Preserves for the ice-cream and cherry. I would have liked to do the cherry in red but I don’t have any red ink! Purple seemed a good choice to use for the cherry and ice-cream together. However it made the cone look a bit dull, so I stamped over it again using my Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, which helped make it stand out a bit more.
With the ice-cream stamped I fussy cut it ready for adhering to the card. I was planning on adding a cupcake stamp too but it didn’t work as planned so I left it out. Instead I stuck down the squares of patterned paper and added the ice-cream with foam tape.
At that point I realised I’d forgotten about the strip down the side of the sketch. I weighed up a few different options and decided to try my new dot adhesive roller to make the strip, then added glitter on top of that.
All the elements were then in place so it was just a case of adhering the panel to the card base, which I did using my roller adhesive.
This card came out okay. I’m not unhappy with it, but I’m not overly happy either. It could have benefited from a sentiment but I didn’t have anything suitable. If I’d managed to get the squares lined up better too that would have made a lot of difference in how I feel about it. I’m also not convinced that the inks I used work overly well with the papers I chose. This is one of those cards that really reminds me how much I am lacking for the crafting – no dies, lack of punches and inks… Ah well.