I used my Prima Sunrise Sunset stamp for the pattern. I decided to do half orange and half purple, partly because those are my good inks! After working out where I wanted to stamp I masked off a line ready for where the sentiment would go. I then inked up my stamp with my Distress inks in Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves, and stamped down over the mask. I then removed the mask and stamped down the sentiment, which is from Avery Elle’s Petal Panel.
And then it was finished! Like I said, really simple. I did have problems with the stamping. On my first attempt the purple didn’t take properly. On the next one I stamped the sentiment first, then masked over it which made it smudge. The third attempt I reused the mask I’d made, which had picked up ink from the previous attempt, and smudged the card… Fourth time lucky! Actually even this one didn’t work out as well as I would have liked. I should have made the mask longer as the end corners of the diamond show past it slightly. And the sentiment smudged a little.
But with that said, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and I would be happy to make similar cards in future.