This was again a fun card to make! A bit more masculine than my previous card too! I made it as a response to four challenges – the layout comes from Viva la Verve, and the colour palette is from DRS Designs. The themes of music and celebration come from Moving Along With The Times and The Paper Players respectively.
I began by choosing the paper for the image panel. I was considering going white but decided that was boring and went with the light kraft colour, which nicely picks out the sandy shade in the colours provided. I knew I wanted to use the big foot from Lawn Fawn’s Lovable Legends stamp set, so I went ahead and stamped him onto one side of the image panel. I wanted to paper piece him rather than colouring, and had a nice orange paper that I knew would work well. It has a very slight pattern to it which gives an appearance of texture to the fur. I left the rest of him just the background colour, though I did go back and add some pink to his nose later.
I then decided I wanted to give him a party hat (from the same stamp set). I stamped that onto a snippet of blue striped patterned paper then fussy cut it. Next I stamped the sentiment beside him. Rock out seemed to be a good choice, especially considering I didn’t have any pre-made sentiments that would work. I pieced it together from Lawn Fawn’s Jessie’s ABCs. I then decided to add some lightning bolts around it. The stamp for those comes from Avery Elle’s Be A Unicorn.
The blue of the hat helped me make the decision to tie in blue as in the colour sheet. (Although the darker blue I used doesn’t really match, but never mind.) I found a light blue snippet to use as the mat for the image panel, and then a deep blue to use as the layer on the cardbase. I’d already chosen my paper for the banners – a white patterned paper with gold music written on it. I cheated a bit for efficiency reasons and just made the top and bottom of each banner to slide behind the image panel.
At this point the card was theoretically finished but I felt that the lower half looked a bit bare. I decided to add “celebrate” from Altenew’s Super Script. I’ve been getting a fair bit of use from that set since I bought it!
Finally I just had to assemble the card. Big foot’s fur and hat were stuck on with Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue, which worked very nicely because it gave me enough leeway to make sure they were properly wiggled into place, rather than sticking immediately. I used my tape runner to adhere the image panel to its mat, and the banner parts behind that. The image panel and the main (dark blue) panel are raised up. I used coordinating foam paper behind the dark blue panel, attached with double sided tape, to give the volume there. The image panel is adhered just with foam tape.
I’m pretty happy with how this card turned it. It’s far from perfect – several issues with alignment etc. But I think it works well for the challenges given. It would have been nice to make the music more obvious maybe. I wanted to give the big foot a guitar but didn’t have any way to do that.