The second card I’m sharing with you today is a Christmas card. I did something a bit different on this one… I drew something myself! That’s… unheard of. I think I tried drawing something for a card once before, hated it, and gave up. I think this time it turned out alright though!
So, this card is a response to the inspiration card from Muse: ChristmasVisions. I’m also including Cupcake Inspiration‘s bow challenge, Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge‘s yellow, and Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge Extra‘s anything Christmas.
Initially I was thinking of sticking close to the inspiration card and doing a (traditional) wreath. But then I remember the Merry Christmas die I recently got as a freebie from a magazine. I hadn’t had a chance to use it, so I decided to do that instead! I cut it from some yellow paper, to meet the colour part of my challenges. Getting the paper out of the die was not easy… But I got there in the end!
I was thinking of just sticking the sentiment wreath onto the front of the card but then I thought it would be fun to create a little aperture. I bought my Big Shot back with me after my visit home this weekend, so I was able to cut a little window into the card base with one of the circle framelits.
Next I needed to add a bow. Apparently despite continuously expanding my stamp and die collection (as quickly as finances allow!) I don’t have any bows. And I have somehow managed to not bring any ribbon with me from home… But I wasn’t going to skip the bow. I decided to be daring, and drew one myself. It took a little while to get it drawn to look exactly how I wanted , and then of course I had to colour it in. I’ll be honest – I was terrified I was going to ruin it!
I took my watercolour pencils again and started shading and colouring until I was happy. I then applied water to blend it out. Amazingly enough, it worked! I felt it needed something more so I went in with a little bit of grey watercolour pencil to add some more shadow around the bow to help it stand out from the page. It’s far from perfect, but it worked and I’m ecstatic.
Next I used Tombow Multi Mono Liquid glue to attach my little sentiment wreath. I did this through the aperture to make sure the alignment would be exactly as I wanted. At this point I nearly stopped, but it seemed like there was something missing. I decided to add in another sentiment, which is from Altenew’s Super Script. I used my MISTI to line up the sentiment and stamped it with MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
And then it was finished!