This card was fairly quick and simple to make, but it also took me quite a long time. Why? Well, because my original idea was completely different and I got most of it done before I decided it really wasn’t working and changed plans.
All the stamps I used for this card are from a Jillibean Soup stamp set. I used black ink to stamp my first dotted line and then with the help of my MISTI added the banners one at a time. I stamped each 2-3 times to ensure they were nice and solid black. Once I had all the banners stamped I repeated the process with the second banner.
Next I took the detail banners and used them to add silver heat embossing to the banners, alternating between the dotted and striped versions.
I used a sentiment from the same stamp set and heat embossed that in silver onto a strip of black card. After I finished I found I’d mismeasured the strip and it was just smaller than the width of the card, so I trimmed it a bit further on each end to make the size look more intentional.
I used my tape runner to adhere the white panel to cover the front of a black card base, and then I used my foam tape to adhere the sentiment over the front with a bit of dimension.
I’m reasonably happy with this card. It turned out well enough, though the time I spent on the failed idea makes it a bit frustrating. The sentiment looks a bit blobby – the font of it is not actually solid, but silver embossing powder I have doesn’t keep the detail very well.
CAS Colours and Sketches – Sketch/Layout
CAS on Sunday – Black, White, and Your Choice (I went for silver)
Cupcake Inspirations – Black, White and Silver
The Male Room – Masculine and Anything Goes