If you follow my YouTube channel you’ll have already seen these cards. These are my first cards using the Love From Lizi July card kit (still available as of writing this post). I wanted this to be my video for yesterday, and it kind of was – it went live just a few minutes after midnight. I didn’t have time to finish the blog post then though. Now that I’m more awake I’ve got it finished up. The inspiration behind these cards was the tassels that came in the card kit. I ink blended simple backgrounds to match each tassel, paired them with a stamped, coloured and die cut girl, and turned them into a set of four fun cards.
As I said, I began with my ink blending. I used a different kind of ink for each of the cards. For the red I used Festive Berries Distress Oxide. I went with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink for the yellow-orange, and decided to use Limoncello ink by Catherine Pooler for the yellow-green tassel. Finally I used Hero Arts’ Green Apple for the green tassel.
Next I stamped our the rear-facing girl from the stamp set that came in the kit. I stamped her four times onto a snippet of white card stock using MFT Black Licorice Hybrid ink. I then used my Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers to colour the images in. You can see the colours I used in the video. I gave each of the girls different hair and skin colours. I then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out.
Before adhering everything into place I chose a sentiment from the stamp set and added it to each of the card bases, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink for a crisp impression. I then snipped away the bottom portion of each of the girls and popped them up with a double layer of the foam squares that were also a part of the kit. For the tassels I used my hot glue gun.
As a final touch I added some Nuvo Drops to each of the cards. I used Strawberry Coulis for the red card, Ripened Pumpkin for the orange, Yellow Bird glitter drops for the yellow, and Sour Apple glow drops for the green.
I had a lot of fun making these cards and I’m really pleased with how they turned out. It’s pretty much exactly what I had in mind! I enjoyed trying out the different inks and seeing which worked best for this. It was interesting to find that the Distress Oxide was actually the most difficult to work with. It gives a very good coverage but I wanted to fade out to white, and it didn’t work quite as well for that. The others all worked really nicely for that purpose.
*Affiliate links may have been used in this post. For more details on affiliate links as well as other ways to support me, visit this page.*
Addicted to Stamps and More – Clean and Simple
Crafty Gals Corner – Summer Fun
Creatalicious Challenges – Anything Goes
Digi Choosday – Anything Goes
Double D Challenges – Tropical
Fabrika Fantasy – Summer
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – Anything Goes
Pixie’s Snippets Playground – Snippets
Polkadoodles Craft Challenge – Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun