It’s Teddy Bear Picnic Day! So of course I had to make an appropriate card. I used a bunch of products from Lawn Fawn for this one, and quite a few scraps and snippets. I wanted it to be quick as I’m in a hurry, and I need to write this in a hurry too, so let’s get on with it!
I started my card with a snippet of light kraft Core’dinations by American Crafts, and stamped two of the bears from Lawn Fawn’s Den Sweet Den, plus the loaf from Bun In The Oven, onto it with MFT Black Hybrid ink. I very quickly coloured them in using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. I used EB1 and EB4 for the bears, and GB2 for the loaf as well as for the bigger bear’s snout. Once everything was coloured I fussy cut them out, including cutting around the big bears arms to be able to slip the loaf in, and set them to one side.
Next up was the picnic blanket. I pulled out a snippet of some Lawn Fawn gingham patterned paper. I think the paper is retired, but Lawn Fawn does have a Gingham Backdrops stamp set that could be used to make your own. I trimmed off a corner of the snippet, using my scissors rather than my paper trimmer as I didn’t want it to be perfectly straight. I used my We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to round the bottom corner of the blanket, then snipped around the lower two edges of the blanket with my Tim Holtz Mini Snips to create a fringe. I also worked out where the bears would be sitting and used IG2 Spectrum Noir Illustrator marker to add some shadowing.
The bears and the blanket were the extent of my plan, and it took a little while to decide on the rest of the design. Eventually I pulled in a couple of circle snippets from my stash. One in yellow, and one in vellum. The yellow was larger than the vellum, so I covered it in double sided tape and die cut it to match the size of the vellum. I then removed the backing from the tape and adhered the vellum onto it which allowed me to mute the colour somewhat, creating a sun for my background.
For the sentiment I decided one from Ready, Set, Shake would be the best choice of what I had available. I didn’t want the frame on it though so I carefully masked off the outline of the stamp so it would only be the letters stamping. I then used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp it onto my sun panel. I was very careful as the vellum is slick, and avoided touching the area afterwards to allow it plenty of time to dry.
All my elements were ready at this point. I used double sided tape to adhere all the pieces together. I then found a couple of smaller circles in my stash of pre-die cut pieces and stacked them together to add a little dimension behind my focal image before adhering to the card base. Finally (actually, I did this before adhering the panel down but that was not clever, and I’m pretending I did it the clever way!) I edged my sun with Yellow Bird Nuvo Glitter Drops.
And that’s my Teddy Bears’ Picnic card! I’m rather pleased with how it came together. Those bears sure are cute. I do believe, however, that this is the last white card base I have! I may have white card I can use for bases in my stash of old card kits, but I try to keep those together. I also have the white card I use for colouring, but that’s expensive and I don’t want to use it for bases. And I’m trying to avoid spending at the moment so… I envision lots more coloured card bases in the coming days and weeks!
| Charlotte E (Lady Joyful) |
*Affiliate links may have been used in this post. For more details on affiliate links as well as other ways to support me, visit this page.*
CAS On Friday – Sunshine
Crafty Animals – Anything Goes With An Animal
Crafty Catz – Anything Goes and Optional: CAS With A Sentiment
Double D Challenges – Summer Gingham
Lawn Fawnatics – Summertime Fun
Pixie’s Snippets Playground – Use Snippets
Simon Says Stamp Monday – Fun and Quirky
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Hello Sunshine
Stinkin’ Inkers Challenge – Glitter, gems or sequins etc.
Time Out Challenges – Movies and Optional: Glitz or Glitter (There is a Teddy Bears’ Picnic film! From 1989. More recent ones with the same/similar name seem to be um… different… So mine is based on that one. And I did include glitter!)