I’m very happy to be participating in the Kat Scrappiness blog hop to benefit Coffee Oasis. Coffee Oasis is an organisation in Washington State that helps youth, with a number of programs including for drug abuse, homelessness, violence and poverty. You can read more about the program here. The purpose of this hop is to bring awareness to Coffee Oasis, and hopefully to raise some money to support them. Kat Scrappiness will donate 15% of all sale proceeds to Coffee Oasis, and the many other sponsors are all donating prizes which I have listed at the bottom of this post, and make sure to check out the Kat Scrappiness blog for full details. If you’d like to donate to the cause directly you can do so at this link, or by clicking on the donation image below.
The theme of the hop is Winter, so I decided to make a simple snowy card. At the moment I only have one thing from Kat Scrappiness, which is the Stitched Scalloped Border Dies. I definitely wanted to use them for my card, so I used that as my starting point.
I began with a long snippet of white glitter card stock, the same width as my card base. I then took the curved scallop border and cut the snippet to create my back-most hill. I trimmed the snippet off to be the length I wanted, then used the smallest wavey scallop for my next hill. I repeated the process and cut a third time with the medium scallop wave, so that I had three hills in total.
Next I started working on my sky. I wanted to keep the card mostly white so I didn’t want to add too much colour here. I marked my card so I knew where the sky needed to start, then used Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide to create a soft sky background. I then laid the Love From Lizi Falling Snow stencil over the blended area and spritzed with water mixed with Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl. I used a cloth to dab up the excess water.
The snow in the sky was still a little more subtle than I would have liked, so I decided to add another layer. I flipped the stencil around so that the snow pattern wouldn’t be in the same place. I then pressed my embossing ink through the stencil. Removing the stencil I brushed Perfect Pearls directly onto the sky with a soft paintbrush. The Perfect Pearls clung to the sticky ink, giving the look of shimmery snowfall. I should probably have dried the sky prior to doing this as some of the shimmer clung to the sky elsewhere, but I don’t think it matters too much.
The last element to create was my sentiment. I took a snippet of vellum and stamped and white heat embossed a sentiment from The Cat’s Pajamas’ Penguin Christmas onto it. I used my craft knife and a metal ruler to trim the vellum down, then attached it to my front most hill by wrapping it around and adhering it behind the panel.
Finally I adhered everything together. I used double sided tape to adhere each hill layer to the next, then adhered the grouped hills to my card base.
That completes my winter card for the hop. I hope you liked it! If you’d like to participate in the hop for the chance at one of the many prizes there are two ways to do that. You can either create a winter themed card and enter it into the hop, or leave a comment on the participating blogs and YouTube channels, as a super commenter will also win a prize. The randomly chosen winners will be picked on December 13th, posted to the Kat Scrappiness blog, and prizes must be claimed within 7 days.
Click the blue button below to find the full hop list, and if you get lost along the way you can always head back to the Kat Scrappiness blog to start over.
*Affiliate links may have been used in this post. For more details on affiliate links as well as other ways to support me, visit this page.*
AAA Cards – Mostly White
Addicted to Stamps and More – Anything Goes
CASology – North
Creatalicious Challenges – Anything Goes and Optional: Stencil
Digi Choosday – Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs – Create Your Own Background
Kat Scrappiness Charity Hop – Winter
Muse: ChristmasVisions – Any Holiday Card
MFT Sketch Challenge – Sketch
Pixies Snippets Playground – Snippets
Please keep in mind that the following sponsors have agreed to donate a portion of their sales during this hop to the Coffee Oasis so please visit them and remember that if you place an order, you will be donating and supporting Coffee Oasis as well! These sponsors are also providing prizes to the hoppers as well!
Kat Scrappiness is offering 15% off EVERYTHING IN THE STORE and is donating 15% of all sales during this blog hop to Coffee Oasis! Use coupon code: COFFEEOASIS to save! We are also giving away gift packages!
Jessica Lynn Original is donating 8% of all sales during the blog hop to Coffee Oasis!
The following sponsors have generously donated prizes to give away to our hoppers and visitors!
Prizes being donated by our sponsors:
- A Jillian Vance Design – $25.00 Gift Card
- Art Impressions – Latte Love Stamp Set
- Avery Elle – One Holiday Glass stamp set and one Punny Pantry stamp set
- Brutus Monroe – $25.00 Gift Card
- Cathy Zielske – Free class of winner’s choice
- Concord & 9th – $50.00 Gift Card
- Doodles Paper Playground – (1) full size set of the December 6th Release Sparkle Blends sequin mixes
- Gina K Designs – (2) $50.00 Gift Cards
- Gina Marie Designs – $15.00 Gift Card
- Honeybee Stamps – $25.00 Gift Card
- Janes Doodles – $50.00 Gift Card
- Jennifer McGuire – $100 Care Package
- Jessica Lynn Original – One Stamp Set of Winner’s Choice! (PLUS 8% of all sales go directly to Coffee Oasis!)
- Joy Clair – $25.00 Gift Card
- Kat Scrappiness – is offering 15% off EVERYTHING IN THE STORE and is donating 15% of all sales during this blog hop to Coffee Oasis! Use coupon code: COFFEEOASIS to save! We are also giving away FOUR gift packages, each valued at $25.00 or MORE! We also have a care package from HERO ARTS to give away!
- Karen Burniston (KB Riley) – (2) sets of the dies used in the video
- Lawn Fawn – $25 Gift Card
- Lindy’s Stamp Gang – $25 Gift Card
- Magnuson Custom Stamps – One FREE Custom Made Stamp!
- Neat & Tangled – $15.00 Gift Card
- Newton’s Nook – $25.00 Gift Card
- Not2Shabby Shop – Five (5) Coffee First stamp sets.
- Paper Smooches – $25.00 Gift Card
- Precious Remembrance Shop – One (1) Everyday Stamp Set
- Pretty Pink Posh – Three (3) $30.00 Gift Cards
- Rinea – $25.00 Gift Card
- Scor-Pal – Three Gift Packs with products such as the Full Size Scor Pal, Scor-Tape and the Scor-Bug Embosser.
- Scrapping For Less – $15.00 Gift Card
- Technique Tuesday – $20.00 Gift Card
- Trinity Stamps – $30.00 Gift Card
- Whimsy Stamps – Two (2) $25.00 Gift Cards
- White Rose Crafts LLC – Two (2) $25.00 Gift Cards