Today’s card was surprisingly quick to put together. That was mostly because the galaxy background was left over from a card I created when I guest designed over at City Crafter Challenge Blog. Only three challenges went into the making of this card – the layout is from Global Design Project, and the star theme is from both Alphabet Challenge Blog and TCP Tuesday.
As I said, I already had the galaxy background pre-prepared. I had made it by using various colours of watercolour – yellow, blue, purple – onto a piece of watercolour paper, layering up several layers of colour allowing time to dry in between, and then adding a layer of black over the top. Once that was all dry I added splatters of white paint to give the look of stars. I had then cut down the panel to be just smaller than my card base and used a die to cut a star from it. My original plan was to make a shaker, but I’ve yet to locate my acetate so I decided to forgo that.
Next I chose some paper for my backing panel. I went for a nice bright yellow. I wanted to add a bit of texture to it so I used my embossing ink to add watermark stars across it. Unfortunately the watermark doesn’t show at all well on this paper, so I probably needn’t have bothered.
Then with the help of my MISTI I lined up my sentiment and stamped it using MFT Black Licorice hybrid ink. Finally I just had to assemble my card which I did my using my tape runner to adhere the layers in place.
I’m reasonably happy with how this card turned out. I do love the galaxy background effect and am very happy that I still have some offcuts of the sheet left that I will try and incorporate into other projects in the future. I think the yellow paper I chose for the backing panel might perhaps be a little too bright though.